Serve Jehovah God Forever

Some say love is bound by borders - Some say love is bound by race - But we through God's direction - A brotherhood embrace - Thus a world of love united - Where Jehovah God is found - Where brother will meet brother - And love of God abound - Thus with pleasure I am sending - And with joy I will direct - My message now of welcome - With love and deep respect

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Within The Hedge"

(1224)

“Within The Hedge”

In the center of the city
In an area filled with crime
Lived a lady I’ll remember
Through the years of passing time
Though her home was small and humble
She her treasures would employ
Though surrounded by corruption
It was still a place of joy
Yes a yard filled with such pleasure
I can see it yet today
For my heart remembers always
And my memories will not stray
Yes my mind returns with pleasure
To a time so long ago
Where I found a source of wonder
And such happiness would grow
Where I’d sit upon the sofa
Neath a tree in her backyard
And I’d listen to the honking
Of a gander on the guard!
Yes, he’d warn of those approaching
For he’d hear them gather near
And she’d know by all his honking
That a stranger would appear
There were drugs and crime and horror
Just beyond her boundaries edge
But around her clear and present
Was a border or a hedge

For beyond that hedge were shadows
Where such evil could be found
But within the hedge surrounded
Is where sunshine would abound!
Yes her gander walked the border
And his work did with such care
For his friend he was protecting
With her turtle, cat and hare
Thus though time is always passing
I’ll be very much aware
Of the home that was there present
And the friends who’d gather there

* 8/19/09 written about a dear friends mother – who lived in Pacoima, California

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home