Serve Jehovah God Forever

Some say love is bound by borders - Some say love is bound by race - But we through God's direction - A brotherhood embrace - Thus a world of love united - Where Jehovah God is found - Where brother will meet brother - And love of God abound - Thus with pleasure I am sending - And with joy I will direct - My message now of welcome - With love and deep respect

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"In My Heart a Memory"



(1209)

“In My Heart a Memory”

In my heart a memory
A time I hold dear
Where loved ones now absent
Were present and near
Where we as a family
Together would stand
For life and its pressures
Its worries, demands
Weren’t things of importance
Weren’t things of the past
But were here and present
And would always last
But time has escaped me
And soon comes the morn
Where I will be absent
For others to mourn
Yet families continue
Descendants will grow
New branches are forming
Where new love will flow
Their loved ones will gather
Around them to stand
Where they’ll feel the comfort
Yet learn of demands
They’ll learn too of heartache
Of pain and sorrow
For they’ve come full circle
As they face tomorrow

* I was listening to the song “Family Tree” and went into rhyme over it. It is so true that we all look at our lives and the loved ones around us and do not reason on what lies ahead as the years roll by and loved ones start to disappear. The next generation is happy and content as the immediate family that they love are “present and near” and not absent as, in time, the years will tell them also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home