Serve Jehovah God Forever

Some say love is bound by borders - Some say love is bound by race - But we through God's direction - A brotherhood embrace - Thus a world of love united - Where Jehovah God is found - Where brother will meet brother - And love of God abound - Thus with pleasure I am sending - And with joy I will direct - My message now of welcome - With love and deep respect

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Turtle Lover"

(228)

"Turtle Lover"
Wm. McKinley

Here lies a turtle lover
He helped us cross the road
He stopped amidst the traffic
To help us with our load
He carried us to safety
At risk of life and limb
We’ve come to mourn his passing
And sing our praise of him
For if more men were like him
The world would thus be blessed
For he who loved the turtles
Is better than the rest

· 10-5-92 Bill is always helping the turtles across the road and we told him someday he would get killed helping the turtles – so I wrote the above to send him – I drew an old fashioned tombstone with the words “Turtle Lover” under the rounded top of it and his name under that and then there are six turtles all standing around the tombstone looking at it. I cannot draw the picture with the computer so description will have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home