Serve Jehovah God Forever

Some say love is bound by borders - Some say love is bound by race - But we through God's direction - A brotherhood embrace - Thus a world of love united - Where Jehovah God is found - Where brother will meet brother - And love of God abound - Thus with pleasure I am sending - And with joy I will direct - My message now of welcome - With love and deep respect

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Voice of My Father"

(201)

“Voice of My Father”

The voice of my father
In song he would sing
The words of endearment
The tears they now bring
He sang to my mother
The words from his heart
He sang to his children
With love on his part
The dance he would sing of
The Tennessee Waltz
A voice that was tender
With all of its faults
He loved to sing sad songs
Or funny or grand
For You Are My Sunshine
Was sung by this man
And he was my father
I do miss him still
And old country music
Will make my heart fill
For he loved the old songs
And gave them his best
And I hear him singing
In my heart it rests

5-20-92 they had a Country Music Hall of Fame show tonight and sang “The Tennessee Waltz” and “You Are My Sunshine” and I got emotional thinking about Dad – so I wrote the above poem about him - I remember him singing in the car driving somewhere and I loved to hear him sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home